Older students who need to complete high school deserve special options for success. ROADS ensures that all students graduate from high school prepared to excel in their academic, professional, and personal lives.
The ROADS model is based on the best research-proven elements from high-performing schools, youth development programs, and work-based organizations.
- Cohorts, not grades: Instead of traditional grade levels, ROADS students progress through three cohorts. Advancement is based on skill acquisition, rather than age or “seat time.”
- Extensive intervention: The ROADS academic program supports students’ mastery of content with extensive blocks of English Language Arts and math with tutoring support.
- Personalized learning: ROADS takes the time to get to know each individual student and develops a personalized learning experience to meet their needs.
- Student ownership of academic progress: At ROADS, every student crafts an Individual Life Plan (ILP) which lays out his or her path to academic success.
- Job readiness: Mentors, internships, and job shadowing give students real world work experience.
- Socio-emotional support: A supportive environment is vital for all students. ROADS has access to experienced social workers and student support professionals. At ROADS, students feel valued, encouraged, and empowered.
- Extended time: ROADS’ has an extended school day and year which allows students to make rapid progress.